Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Storming Prompt: Nov 2016

Storming Rules:

1. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WRITER TO PARTICIPATE! 
2.View/Read/Listen to the prompt with a mind primed to explore the possibilities! 
3. You don't have to answer all of the questions I pose. They are there merely to aid your mind in taking imaginative flight. 
4. Share what ideas you gained in the comments. This could include a bit of dialogue, a general scene sketch, a plot problem, character names and place, or even the 'history' of a prompt. (But, if the idea you create happens to be so great, you might want to save it for a future date!)
5. Read and perhaps add to the other replies and answers submitted. (Recommended not required)


Yours truly,
Cordy

3 comments:

  1. Here it is. Sorry that, once again, it is at the last possible minute! And sorry it is super long!

    I was walking in a forest in China. Okay, I was hunting for dragons, you could probably find them other places, but I thought this was my best bet. Then, the sun was blocked by a huge figure. I looked up and at that moment the sun was revealed and I was temporarily blinded.
    “A dragon!” I thought.
    When I was able to open my eyes, there was the most colorful dragon I had ever seen. Not that I’ve ever seen a dragon, but I didn’t think it would be THAT colorful. It’s scales were each a different color and pattern, but when I was examining it closer, I saw that a few in the back were a translucent, cloudy color.
    “Hello there. You wouldn’t mind selling your clothing would you?” a voice that sounded like gears shifting asked.
    I quickly realized that it was the dragon talking.
    “What do you mean? How would I get home? What do YOU want then for? You would never fit them.” I replied.
    “Ah, we’ve got a talker. I’ll answer a question for a question. I mean that I would give you money for your clothing. What are you doing here?” the dragon, which I realized had a girl’s voice.
    “Looking for a dragon.” Might as well be truthful. “How would I get home?”
    “I could carry you. Do you know how to sew?”
    “Yes and I can use a sewing machine. What do you want with them?”
    “I want to make quilts. What is a sewing machine?”
    “It’s a machine that helps you sow. What are your pale scales for?”
    “Blank canvasses for new color! Would you teach me to sew?”
    “Yes.”
    When we got to the dragon’s, Serania, cave it was full of quilts and cloth.
    “When I sleep, my scales turn to the colors of what I am sleeping in. I love these colors, plus it’s really cosy.”
    I helped Serania make quilts and we became very good friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realize I'm extraordinarily late to be commenting on this, but I just wanted to say I love the dragon's answer to what her pale scales were for. "Blank canvasses for new color!" Ahhh. I like that. That is such a neat concept. And nice choice of words, MovieCritic! :)

      Delete

Welcome! While I encourage the use of imaginative sharing here, please keep your comments clean and tasteful. I will not publish swearing or vulgar language.

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, don't worry, I moderate my comments. Check back in a day or two to find your response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...