Saturday, September 2, 2017

Storming Prompt: September 2017

I am so excited by this picture today. Scenery excites me. I could stay in one place captivated by a view for eternity if I had to. This view is one of those sights that I wouldn't be able to resist. I'm going to forgo the long list of "rules" this month as they are a big block before you reach the best part. Therefore, what are you going to submit this month?


Where is this place? Who is the girl? What is her goal? her fancies? Where are her companions? What would you do in such a place?

Yours truly,
Cordy

P.S. My entry is going to be left with a raw edge. It will be nothing spectacular but if you can't think of an entry of your own, maybe you can think of something to add to mine. I like the idea of these story games but this is only a suggestion, not a requirement for this month. Do enjoy yourselves!

2 comments:

  1. Chrissy slipped down the slope expertly avoiding the many uneven traps created by centuries of evolving earth. She knew these slopes better than most people knew their homes so she feared no danger. She’d left her own home an hour before with a heavy angry, heart. Now, however, as she hoped they would, the sights and sounds of her cliffs combined with the strength of the wind had driven the hot rage from her soul. It was impossible to feel rage when you were faced with the powers of the sea. As you watched the waves pound the cliffs, your own troubles quickly dissipated. It was almost as if you had to forfeit your emotions to allow the seas the lone reign of power.

    P.S. Forgive any errors, please. I must be off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind, scented with kelp and the smells of the sea, whipped Bella's loose hair into her face. The salty spray stung her cheeks as she ran and the sea gulls called mournfully from above her head. The surf sobbed against the rocks and towering cliffs that encircled her cove. Her cove. How glorious it was to think those words again. This was her cliff, her ocean, her view, her home. The only place she had ever called home for sixteen years of her life. Oh how she'd missed it. She raced to the very edge of the cliff, and looked out at the vast expanse of the sea, stretching on forever and ever, with no boundaries, nothing to stop it, stretching out till it clasped hands with the sky. Bella wanted to yell and scream and shout. To tell the world that she was here and this was her home. So she did. "This is my cliff!!" She screamed it at the top of her lungs. "My cliff!! And I'm not going anywhere!" This last part she screamed all the way back to Halifax, all the way back to that horrible boarding school where she had been stuck for monthes. She hoped it echoed through their stuffy halls, and that blasted bedroom that she had been forced to stay in, and that everybody heard it and would know, that Bella Hailey was never coming back. Never coming back because she was home, on her cliff, where the sky met the sea.

    This was such a wonderful prompt Cordy! Thank you for posting it, I had such a fun time coming up with this little snippet of story! It probably needs quite a bit of work, but it has inspired me!! Thank you so much dear :D!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! While I encourage the use of imaginative sharing here, please keep your comments clean and tasteful. I will not publish swearing or vulgar language.

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, don't worry, I moderate my comments. Check back in a day or two to find your response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...