Friday, June 2, 2017

Storming Prompt: June 2017

Sorry but I have to post and run. Have a good time!

Rules
1. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WRITER TO PARTICIPATE! 
2. View/Read/Listen to the prompt with a mind primed to explore the possibilities!
3. You don't have to answer all of the questions I pose. They are there merely to aid your mind in taking imaginative flight. 
4. Share what ideas you gained in the comments. This could include a bit of dialogue, a general scene sketch, a plot problem, character names, and place, or even the 'history' of a prompt. (But, if the idea you create happens to be so great, you might want to save it for a future date!)
5. Read and perhaps add to the other replies and answers submitted. (Recommended not required)


Where is this place? Why are you/your character there? Do you look at it from an intellectual or architectural point of view or a mythical view based on 'legends'? What are you going to do now that you've found it? Why the two chairs?

Yours truly,
Cordy

2 comments:

  1. Cordy, I am so sorry this is over a year late. I had a lot of fun with it, and I can't wait to catch up on all the other prompts!

    The sun was just rising as Ken opened the door. It creaked on it’s hinges, telling Ken that it had been too long since the last time he had been there.
    “Sorry,” he murmered, agreeing.
    Ken’s eyes landed on the pile of leaves and bricks in the corner. “So, this is where Felicia has decided to live.” he smiled softly, acknowleging the glassless pane. Felicia used to eat out of his hand until she decided she wanted to be on her own. Ken missed stroking her warm red fur.
    “A fox has to live on her own.” his cousin, Marty, told him.
    Besides that, the room was the same as always. The huge windows, the piles of books, and -blinking away tears- the chairs. One belonged to Hugo and one to Kaitlyn.
    Ken gingerly brushed away some dust on Kaitlyn’s chair. They say that the greatest invention is fire, but Ken wished that it had never been invented. Fire is only destruction. It is amazing that the chairs had some how escaped it.
    Something moved at Ken’s side. He turned to see Felicia nimbly jump onto Hugo’s chair. Felicia had always been the closest to Ken, but Kaitlyn would stroke her fir and Hugo would slip her treats.
    Ken sat down on Kaitlyn’s chair. Closing his eyes he reached over and stroked Felicia. “At least we have each other,” he thought.

    That turned out sadder that I thought it would be... Once again, thanks for the awesome prompt! Sorry for any grammatical mistakes....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey no worries! Ever! Thanks for your dedication!!!! I'm still trying to work out what this blog is going to be. I'm glad you're liking the prompts.

      Delete

Welcome! While I encourage the use of imaginative sharing here, please keep your comments clean and tasteful. I will not publish swearing or vulgar language.

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, don't worry, I moderate my comments. Check back in a day or two to find your response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...