Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Storming Prompt: Feb 2017

Well, in the spirit of Valentine's you could say there is a romantic feel to this prompt. Do forgive me but I do think there must be something of a romantic in my somewhere. :D

Rules
1. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WRITER TO PARTICIPATE! 
2. View/Read/Listen to the prompt with a mind primed to explore the possibilities! 
3. You don't have to answer all of the questions I pose. They are there merely to aid your mind in taking imaginative flight. 
4. Share what ideas you gained in the comments. This could include a bit of dialogue, a general scene sketch, a plot problem, character names and place, or even the 'history' of a prompt. (But, if the idea you create happens to be so great, you might want to save it for a future date!)
5. Read and perhaps add to the other replies and answers submitted. (Recommended not required)


Is this a first date? the second? How serious are they? Are they friends? Does the family approve? How long have they known each other? Where are they going? Where did she get that dress?

Good luck! I look forward to your entries!

Yours truly,
Cordy

8 comments:

  1. I think you've done a beautiful job with this blog, Cordy! Your posts are well thought and well written. It is so refreshing to see a blog made by someone who has information and thoughts to share about something they love and truly care about; in short, I love it.

    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you, Miranda! That is a very kind compliment and I appreciate it very much. I was actually wondering yesterday if I truly was doing any good with this blog. A few hours later, your comment popped in. :D Thanks again!

      ~Cordy

      Delete
    2. That makes me feel very merry that my comment had such perfect timing! You're welcome, Cordy!

      Delete
  2. Hey Cordy! It's me, the one who always does this at the last minute. My sister and I worked together to write this, I hope you like this!

    Marilyn laughed at Todd's joke. They had known each other since, in the 5th grade, Marilyn dropped her bologna sandwich in the school lunch room and Todd offered half of his to her. Now, in their junior year, He still always manages to make her laugh. Today it's Marilyn's turn, she's treating Todd to a movie. They were going to see An American in Paris, starring Todd's favorite actor, Gene Kelly.
    He had just said, "Abigail looks like she wishes she was in your shoes, but I don't think they would fit her." It wasn't a mean thing to say, but it was no secret that Abigail had a hopeless crush on Todd.
    "True, her feet would be too small but her heart would be too big. She made this necklace for me," Marilyn replied. The necklace was made of small pearl hearts, just right for Valentine's Day.
    Marilyn's mother watched them anxiously as they walked down the drive, she had always been a bit frightened of the movies.
    As they reached the end of the drive Marilyn spun around and waved. She loved the way her favorite dress flared when she spun. It had been a gift from her family for the new year. Everyone had pitched in to get it from Bloomingdale's.
    Marilyn turned to Todd and said, "Let's go to the movies!"

    Thank you for the fun prompt!

    -MovieCritic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MovieCritic, though the word "critic" is in your name, you mustn't be so hard on yourself, my friend! Haha. I love your participation every month and appreciate the fact that you enter a reply to every prompt! I don't care if it's early or late, so long as I'm inspiring some thoughts along the way. I always like reading what you have to say. :D

      I like the classic nods you made in your entry, MovieCritic. The older names and even naming a movie from the period you had in mind. Very cute and well thought out.

      ~Cordy

      Delete
    2. Okay, okay, though it is hard to not be! I love participating! I love the promts you come up with and the questions you pose! They really help me come up with it! Aw, you're so sweet! I'm just piddling (is that even a word?) about.

      Thank you, I'm so happy I got your approval! My sister was a big help!

      -MovieCritic

      Delete
  3. Just wanted to add my two cents. I totally agree with Miranda. I love this blog, Cordy!! It has a happy, comfortable feel to it. And...I love your writerly advice.

    I wish I had time to participate in the storming prompts more regularly, but you know how I am with writing. I'm such a perfectionist that it's hard for me to jot down something in a short and timely manner.

    Do keep the posts coming on here, though. Because your thoughts on writing are definitely worth reading!! Love you, friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend! I do feel it strange that as often as I have changed my main blog, I haven't really felt like changing the look of this one at all. Therefore, I'm glad it feels comfortable as it is. Haha.

      No worries!! Really, I know that writing on every prompt isn't for everyone. Sometimes I only enter a prompt because I found it interesting but couldn't actually think of an entry myself. That's why I put it into the blogging world. I want to see other thoughts on it.

      Haha, alright, if you insist. Aww, shucks. ;)

      Delete

Welcome! While I encourage the use of imaginative sharing here, please keep your comments clean and tasteful. I will not publish swearing or vulgar language.

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, don't worry, I moderate my comments. Check back in a day or two to find your response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...