Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Plotting Tips: Character Appropriate Word Lists


Have a title! Sheesh! But anyway, today I have a fun little tip for you. On a whim, (okay, not really a whim, I was bored in church...oops), just before NaNo started, I began making a list of words starting with "A" and going through "Z" that a certain character was likely to use. For example: 
bellow, crestfallen, dilapidated,...luminous, morose,...splendid, tremor,...yearning, zealous
I did the same for another character for that book which turned out entirely different. The project gave me an angle of characterization that I wouldn't have studied before. So if you looking for a method to get to know your character, sketch out their vocabulary!

Yours truly,
Cordy

5 comments:

  1. Yay! This is the perfect thing! My script is so boring!! This will help so much! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this seems like it would be a ton of fun! Thanks for sharing, Cordy :).

    ~ Savannah
    scattered-scribblings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! That is a really good idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, this is an interesting idea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a creative idea, Cordy! I love your little tips! :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! While I encourage the use of imaginative sharing here, please keep your comments clean and tasteful. I will not publish swearing or vulgar language.

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, don't worry, I moderate my comments. Check back in a day or two to find your response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...