Monday, September 19, 2016

Storming Prompts: Sept 2016

Alright then, let's start this blog off with a bang, eh? So, here is the first writing exercise I have prepared for you. The rules are simple, flexible, and open to interpretation. Here is how this is going to work. Each month, I'm going to try and post some kind of writing prompt, be it picture, text, quote, music, etc. it will be your job to brainstorm in the next ten minutes (adjust time as needed) on this prompt. Names, places, quirks, facts, problems, dialogue, etc. Whatever you come up with you will then add to the comments section. It will be open for that month. (And beyond because I'm not going to stop you from commenting. That would be silly.) So I'll make a little set of rules I'll attach to each post.

1. Read/view the prompt
2. Brainstorm (if possible), at least ten minutes to gain names, facts, places, and scenarios from the story
3. Add your thoughts to the comment section
4. Read the other comment entries

Sorry, there are no prizes, only a good brainstorm session to get you into the mindset of 'everything is a prompt'.

ALSO, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WRITER TO PARTICIPATE! All that is required is a little bit of faith, trust, and pixie dust, of imagination!

September Prompt:


Who's the couple? What about the friends? Where are they? What's the 'S' on the sweatshirt stand for? Dog's name? Why are they dancing in a kitchen? What kind of music could be playing?

Yours truly,
Cordy

4 comments:

  1. Oh fun!!!!! Here it goes!! I am sorry, my spelling and grammar is terrible!

    Mixie Fosum's 17th Birthday party was held in the Fosum's kitchen. The rest of the house was getting clean, and some was already clean, so the birthday party with "rowdy teenageers" was restricted to the kitchen. Mixie was disappointed, but not for long, because all her friends from Sullivan Prep were coming over, even Freddy Ward, the most popular guy at Sullivan Prep, and Mixie’s crush! Reggie’s barking brought Mixie back to the present. “Oh!” There were already people arriving! Janet, Sam, and George had arrived. Then-cool as ever- Freddy came. “He’s standing in our kitchen!” Mixie thought. Everybody started eating and talking. Cleo, Mixie’s sister, turned the radio on. “You need birthday music!” she said. Mixie’s favorite song, “Rocky Rolling Tolling” came on. “May I have the honor of dancing with the birthday girl?” Freddy asked. “Sure thing!” So, even thought they were in the kitchen, they had a rockin’ good time.


    Thank you so much Cordy! That was so fun! I did make up the song name. I hope that’s okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was perfect and so much fun, MovieCritic! And the fact you made up the song just adds to it all. :D Thanks for participating!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for putting out the prompt! I'm working on my one for Oct.

      Delete
  2. So, I kept meaning to comment on this post to tell you that I LOVE your brainstorming posts!! I hope to join in on one sometime...I just haven't found the time yet. :/ Hopefully I can someday. :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome! While I encourage the use of imaginative sharing here, please keep your comments clean and tasteful. I will not publish swearing or vulgar language.

If your comment doesn't immediately appear, don't worry, I moderate my comments. Check back in a day or two to find your response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...