My word, is it really that time again?
Rules
1. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A WRITER TO PARTICIPATE!
2. View/Read/Listen to the prompt with a mind primed to explore the possibilities!
2. View/Read/Listen to the prompt with a mind primed to explore the possibilities!
3. You don't have to answer all of the questions I pose. They are there merely to aid your mind in taking imaginative flight.
4. Share what ideas you gained in the comments. This could include a bit of dialogue, a general scene sketch, a plot problem, character names and place, or even the 'history' of a prompt. (But, if the idea you create happens to be so great, you might want to save it for a future date!)
5. Read and perhaps add to the other replies and answers submitted. (Recommended not required)
I'm sorry if you can't listen to this without playing the trailer in your mind. But try your best! It's such a cool piece of music that I just couldn't resist using it as a prompt.
So, what can you do with it? What do you hear in it? It's almost like it's building to something. What is coming? Is it going to happen to a group or an individual? Or maybe it's someone preforming the piece...what does it mean to them?
Yours truly,
Cordy
Well, I haven't submitted an entry for awhile. But I have a little time here so here are my thoughts:
ReplyDeleteI feel like it’s building to something that has to do with flying or being somehow involved with the sky. Maybe it’s about an outing with a group of friends and they’ve all decided to go skydiving. However now that it’s going to happen they’re all anxious. It’s the music while they are being instructed in how things are going to go. Then it’s showing them all nervous in the chopper as it takes off and gets to the proper location. And then there is the actual jumping. Which they find out is super fun! This scene would probably belong in some kind of cheesy bucket list story. BUT, no one is fatally ill, they’re just looking for a good time and no one’s doing it because they’re going to die. Imagine that. ;D
Yours truly,
Cordy
Oooh, I love it. I agree with your take on it having to do with the sky/flying. Except, it personally reminds me of dragons. Maybe someone having their first flight, How to Train Your Dragon style? ;)
ReplyDeleteHaha. I just combined skydiving with dragons. It was quite and image. Dragons are a great thought though!
DeleteSkydiving, I can definitely hear that!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! I am so sorry this is so late! I completely forgot! Then, I was watching Cinderella yesterday and exclaimed, "Ah! I'm a month and a half late for Cordy's prompt!" So, here I am today with it.
I was trying not to picture Cinderella while I was listening about it, but that did not happen.
To me it seems like a day in someone's life. Someone who does a lot. *cough* Cinderella *cough*
They wake up, it is raining outside and it is still dark. The thought crosses their mind that this will be a gloomy day. They start to stretch and move around to the sound of the rain. Then they sweep, and dust. You can hear them running up and down stairs and banging pots and pans. You can hear the wind. It turns out to be a very busy day. Near the end you can hear them wind down and get ready to go to sleep.
Thank you so much Cordy! Also, your new prompt directory page is very helpful!!!