Personally, I know that I've avoided writing romances because I don't want to be "one of those writers". You know the kind, with their flowery words, steamy :P men, and stupid heroines. There are mental blocks before the idea of romance. I have worked to avoid those situations as much as possible! However, in my study of the matter, I've noticed that most of my favorite reads include romance. And most of them, haven't been published recently. Therefore, here's to a month of studying what I think makes for memorable romance.
So tell me, have you attempted a 'romance'? Have you run into the same hesitation I faced?
Yours truly,
Cordy

Ooooh!! This is sounds DELIGHTFUL, Cordy! I'm very much looking forward to what you have in store for us. :D :D
ReplyDeleteUmm, yes, I've tried to write romance, a little, in, like a children's fairy tale retelling. Emphasis on "tried", though. Like...how??? I've never been in love; all I know is from, like Jane Austen. Hahaha.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see what Cordy has in store! :D This sounds like a marvellous idea.
Yes. I destest being "labeled" or "catorgarized", so I often don't try to fit my books into a genre. Granted I rarely write, but...anyway, I love reading romances, but I hesitate to write them: a. because I don't want people to go "Oh she just writes romance stories", b. because I'm scared of making the romantic relationships feel shallow and silly.
ReplyDeleteSounds great! I honestly LOVE a good romance in stories, and most of my stories always has a romantic angle somewhere. ;) But I agree, writing a well-balanced romances that's not all sighs and eye lash flutters and "oh, he's just SO handsome" can be difficult at times. But it's worth it. Because those kinds of "romances" are the worst. :P
ReplyDelete'Personally, I know that I've avoided writing romances because I don't want to be "one of those writers". You know the kind, with their flowery words, steamy :P men and stupid heroines.' SO TRUE!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited to read all your posts!!